The Dojo’s Community Rules
Before joining our community, we have some rules that we ask all members to abide by.
RULES LAST UPDATED: 03/14/2023
Also please bear in mind that while these rules mainly pertain to Tanandra’s Twitch channel and Discord server, they do also encapsulate the community wherever it can be found: in Warframe, on Twitter, in other games, etc.
For all questions, please DM @ModMail (on the Dojo Discord) – doing so will prompt you to file a ticket that will go directly to our entire moderation team. Please do NOT individually DM Tanandra or the moderators! If personal DMs are necessary in response to a ticket, an admin will reach out.
When contacting us via @ModMail – type “=new <message>” and authorize it. ModMail will give you a list of servers, and you can reply with the corresponding number for the the Dojo. For more instructions on how to use ModMail, feel free to view the documentation: https://modmail.xyz/commands
Please remember to use @ModMail to file a ticket for all server-related questions.
Do not use ModMail to personally contact Tanandra or any of our moderators regarding private matters. ModMail is not a private DM system; the entire moderation team can see what is submitted. ModMail is for Discord issues, stream issues, and community server issues only. If you misuse the system to ignore or bypass closed DMs, you will be removed from the community.
Our space is BIPOC-forward. BIPOC stands for Black, Indigenous, and people of color. Pronounced “bye-pock,” this is a term specific to the United States, intended to center the experiences of Black and Indigenous groups and demonstrate solidarity between communities of color.
We are pro #BlackLivesMatter, #LandBack, and #StopAsianHate. We uplift and respect the voices of all indigenous peoples and acknowledge that individuals within the United States live on stolen land. We recognize that not all people of color face equal levels of injustice, and we take the experience and perspectives of different individuals from these groups into account.
LGBTQIA2S+ people of color face higher rates of discrimination in a variety of settings compared to their white LGBTQIA+ counterparts. It is extremely important to us to maintain a safe space not just for the overall trans community, but specifically for trans people of color.
We will not tolerate acts of racism or microaggressions. If you are white and LGBTQIA+, you still benefit from the privilege of being white. You do not suffer from racial discrimination or profiling. While white LGBTQIA+ individuals are marginalized for being LGBTQIA+, they still benefit from a system that favors white people, built on the suffering of Black and Indigenous people.
Being trans, gay, or queer is not a white-exclusive experience. BIPOC LGBTQIA+ people often have vastly different experiences and perspectives from being LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC. This also includes being BIPOC and other identities, such as disabled and/or neurodivergent.
Racism will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate and permanent removal from our community. Acts of racism include, but are not limited to:
– Tone Policing
– Racial Profiling
– Cultural Appropriation
– Blood Quantum
– Lateral Violence
– White Fragility & White Guilt
– Usage of slurs*
* If you are BIPOC and are reclaiming slurs or certain language/terminology, we request that you avoid using this language within our space for the general safety and comfort of other BIPOC community members.
Marginalized individuals educating others is a form of emotional labor, and individuals within a specific marginalized community are not obligated to educate others, especially their oppressors. Marginalized groups and individuals within those groups are not teachers or textbooks. Unlearning internalized bigotry is hard work, and a process done over time. We expect members of our community to be willing to do their part in this process on their own.
Google is free, and a valuable resource. If you do not understand something, look it up before asking. Some members of our community are open to discussion in good faith. However, you must ask if individuals are willing to do so first and respect their boundaries if they say no. Weaponizing emotional labor or demanding education will not be tolerated.
In addition to the above section, our community is safe for all marginalized identities. Bigotry, discrimination, and/or hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated.
We do not tolerate any of the following: sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, fatphobia, body shaming, xenophobia, islamophobia, antisemitism, or any other form of hate speech. Bigotry, usage of slurs, or hate speech/imagery of any kind will result in an instant ban. “Edgelord” humor is not appreciated nor welcome here.
If you are white, cisgender, heterosexual, or any combination of the three: we ask that you recognize your privilege, and understand that this space does not cater to you.
– – – – –
THIS IS AN LGBTQIA2S+ SAFE SPACE.
All members of the LGBTQIA2S+ and Queer communities are welcome, including those who are Asexual and/or Aromantic. TERFs, Truscum/Transmeds, and such ideology are not permitted and will result in immediate, indefinite removal. Transphobia of any kind will result in an instant permaban.
THIS SERVER IS SAFE FOR ALL NEURODIVERGENT INDIVIDUALS.
We support and uplift those with mental illness and all forms of neurodivergence. DID systems are welcome here, and are free to use PluralKit (alters/system members must be 18+ to participate). NOTE: Being neurodivergent is not a justification or shield when held accountable for any instances of rulebreaking or crossing of boundaries.
THIS SERVER IS SAFE FOR ALL INDIVIDUALS WITH CHRONIC ILLNESS AND/OR DISABILITIES.
We recognize that in the United States, disabled people still do not have marriage equality. We advocate for accessibility, healthcare, and other fundamental human rights. Ableism will never be tolerated.
In addition to the above sections regarding disability and neurodivergence, we encourage the use of tone tags. For an explanation of tone tags and their usage, you can view the following links:
We take the safety of trans people within our community very seriously. Statements such as “I don’t know much about LGBT people/I’m new to pronouns” or anything similar will be considered a red flag, and may result in immediate and permanent removal from our space. Everyone uses pronouns, even cisgender people. They are not a new or radical concept.
In addition to the above, this server isn’t an advice column or educational space. If you are unfamiliar with LGBTQIA2S+ and/or Queer communities, we strongly recommend that you educate yourself before attempting to enter this server or participate.
– – – – –
– Always check a user’s pronouns before you refer to them. You can do so by clicking or tapping on a user’s name/icon and viewing their pronouns under the “Pronouns” header/section in their role list.
– Do not disrespect or make fun of Neopronouns. They are just as valid as any other pronoun, and we welcome people who use them.
– We take misgendering very seriously. Continued misgendering after being warned or intentional misgendering will be met with a permanent ban from all spaces within our community.
– If you believe you need dysphoria to be transgender, you absolutely do not belong here. You are not and never will be the authority on someone else’s gender identity or presentation.
– No shaming people for their voice, presentation, physical appearance, or romantic orientation/preferences. This doesn’t apply to only trans and other LGBTQIA+ people, but gender nonconforming people, cis people, and straight people as well. In general, shaming people for their physical appearance or things they cannot change or control is cruel and unnecessary.
– No abrasive, rude, or hateful comments toward or about men. Gay men, trans men, and transmascs exist, as well as men within other marginalized communities. Statements like this can do splash damage and make them feel unwelcome or unsafe. While we recognize that sexism, toxic masculinity, and patriarchy are serious issues that are completely valid to feel frustration at, men deserve to feel welcome and safe within our community.
❌ HATE SYMBOLS ARE NOT PERMITTED
Fascism and fascist propaganda, imagery, or rhetoric is strictly prohibited within our community and will never be welcomed. Hate symbols will be deleted on sight. If hate symbols are used intentionally and not out of ignorance, their usage will result in an instant ban.
View the ADL’s glossary on hate symbols here: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbols/search
❌ “Pepe the Frog” memes/emotes within our Discord or Twitch chat are not permitted and will be removed.
Pepe the Frog has been co-opted and used enough by white supremacists and other hate groups to be considered a hate symbol by the Anti-Defamation League.
For the safety of all marginalized individuals, we’d rather be safe and keep this symbol out of our space. For more information, view this link: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/pepe-frog
Froogy emotes were created by Chonkikage as an alternative cute green frog emote; without the unintentional (or not) white supremacy undertones prevalant with the other kind. Please use Froogy instead! https://ko-fi.com/i/IR5R441QQN
❌ Discussion of Harry Potter, Hogwarts Legacy, or any works created by J.K. Rowling is not welcome in this space.
We cannot and will not stop you from engaging with this media franchise and its contents. We are not telling you to drop it entirely or give up things you love or find a comfort. However, we do encourage others within our space to consume media critically and understand the potential harm it causes to others, especially within marginalized communities.
This franchise and its author is a cause of great harm for and toward many trans people as well as Jewish people for its transphobic rhetoric, direct transphobic propaganda, and usage of antisemitic caricatures. As a result, it is not permitted to be shared or discussed within this space.
For a full source and timeline with dates, view: https://www.glaad.org/gap/jk-rowling
The GLAAD Accountability Project catalogs anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and discriminatory actions of politicians, commentators, organization heads, religious leaders, and legal figures, who have used their platforms, influence and power to spread misinformation and harm LGBTQIA+ people.
Moderators reserve the right to use their own discretion regardless of any rule, and edit or delete any posts as they see fit.
If an issue arises with a moderator’s or administrator’s ruling or request, message them (or another team member) privately for clarification.
If you are being targeted by another user, please attempt to disengage and DM @ModMail to report it.
– – – – –
We reserve the right to remove or refuse entry to individuals we deem unfit or unsafe for our community. This includes removing or banning individuals with “bad vibes,” even if they haven’t technically broken a rule. We always put the safety and well-being of BIPOC and trans people within our community first.
First impressions matter and will determine whether or not you are welcome in this community. We will not hesitate to ban you if you’re weird or rude, or don’t make a good impression with your first message in chat here or on Twitch.
THIS IS AN 18+ ONLY COMMUNITY
Our server is an adults-only space for the safety of all members of the Dojo community. We do not intend to maliciously exclude minors from our space. Our intent is to keep it safe for both adults and minors on the internet.
Anyone under the age of 18 will not be permitted to join our Discord community or participate in Twitch chat. We ask that you respect our boundaries and find a space suitable for all ages if you are under the age of 18.
DO NOT LIE ABOUT YOUR AGE
Members of this server are subject to ID verification upon moderator discretion. If you are suspected of lying about your age, your access to this server will be revoked, and you will be asked to provide proof of age such as an ID with your date of birth. Other identifying information may be censored/blacked out and all provided proof will be kept confidential to our admin team.
Minors found lying about their age while participating in our community spaces will be permanently banned. We will not welcome returning users who have turned 18 after violating this rule; this is due to a lack of respect for boundaries. We take safety on this matter very seriously.
18+ DOES NOT MEAN NSFW/R18
We are an 18+ community for safety reasons. While some adult memes and jokes are made on occasion, we do not allow any pornography or graphic images/content within this server.
PREDATORY BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE
Sexual or flirtatious comments/remarks made toward others without consent is sexual harassment. Graphic sexual discussion is not permitted. Respect ALL boundaries set by members within our community. Fetish mining is not permitted.
Pedophilia and online grooming is a serious issue, and we do not take lightly. We take a zero-tolerance policy on this topic, and will not ever support or enable individuals outed as predators in any capacity. Individuals who also support, excuse, or enable outed predators will be removed and blacklisted from our community. We support and believe victims/survivors. Pedophiles do not deserve a space here or anywhere.
In addition, individuals who identify as “MAPs” (minor-attracted persons) or “NOMAPs” (non-offending minor-attraction persons) are pedophiles, and will be immediately banned from this community and reported to Discord.
More information and red flags to look out for:
– Check DM roles before you message someone. Do not DM members within the server without their prior consent. When in doubt, ask first.
– All nicknames and communication must be in English only. If necessary, you may ask a moderator to change your display name.
– No blank, overly complex, or sexually explicit nicknames. In event of this, moderators reserve the right to change nicknames.
– No inappropriate or sexually explicit profile pictures. You will be asked to change your profile picture. Failure or refusal to comply will result in removal from this server.
– No inviting bots. Only our moderator team may invite bots and applications to the server.
– Don’t feed or respond to trolls, bigots, reactionaries, and/or harassers. Doing so is a safety risk and can result in other members of this community being targeted/harassed. People like this are looking for a reaction/response. Do not give one to them.
– Do not attempt to moderate or impersonate a member of our mod team. Moderators will handle situations appropriately when they are needed. Impersonation will result in an instant ban.
– Do not vent within this server or “trauma dump.” We understand and empathize with others and their difficulties, but members within this server are not trained mental health professionals. We do not have vent channels, but have resources available for those in need.
– No debate or stressful political discussion. We are well aware that by being transgender, BIPOC, or any other marginalized identity that our existence is inherently political; as a result, discussions of this nature will inevitably occur. However, this isn’t the time or place for discussions about intense real-world politics or political debate. Some safe spaces exist to escape the stressful topics or experiences in our everyday lives, and we consider ours one of them. We ask that our community keep discussions positive, unless there is prior consent to discussion about activism and heavy topics.
– Be civil in discussions and respectful of others’ opinions. You can disagree with someone in a civil, polite manner. If a conversation is growing stressful or unproductive, agree to disagree and move on.
– Don’t make fun of other people’s interests, hobbies, or creations. This is a judgment-free zone. Ostracizing people for harmless reasons is not acceptable.
– No bullying, vaguing, gossip, or drama. If you have an issue with another user, attempt to communicate and reach a resolution with them first. If this fails, contact our moderation team via ModMail.
– No posting of social media links without express permission. If you are sharing creative works such as art, upload your work directly to the channel. Exceptions to this include memes or images from video games in appropriate channels. Avoid self-promotion of any kind.
– No mentioning ( @ ) spam. Tag moderators for important reasons only or to bring something to their attention. Do NOT @ ping Tanandra directly. She reads everything on the server, @-ing her will just cause her to delete your message. Abuse of this will get you banned.
– No publishing of personal information. This includes real names, addresses, emails, passwords, sensitive information etc.
– Respect the boundaries that members set for themselves. No means no. Anything other than “yes” is not consent.
– Please use the correct text channels for the topic you wish to discuss. Avoid going off topic. Additionally, do not spam several channels with the same post. Post in one relevant channel.
– Do not post 10+ things at once in one channel. Keep your posting speed mellow and calm please.
– No asking to be granted roles/moderator roles. Moderators are trusted individuals that applied for and earned their position, and go above and beyond to help our community.
Moderators reserve the right to disconnect, mute, deafen, or move members to and from voice channels. Failure to comply with rules will result in voice chat privileges being revoked or removal from our community.
– Refrain from talking over others, and try to talk one person at a time. If someone asks you not to interrupt them, hold your thought or write it down until they finish. If you accidentally interrupt or speak over someone, apologize and give them space to continue what they were saying.
– Avoid making loud noises and sounds. Be conscious of others present in voice channels. Do not intentionally use loud noises to upset or overstimulate others.
– You must mute your microphone or leave call if you have a lot of background noise. This includes, but is not limited to: People talking/yelling in the background, pets making noise, machinery/electronics. If you are asked to mute because of background noise, please do so.
– If you are going AFK, you must mute your microphone. This is to avoid excessive background noise. Failure to do so will result in a moderator disconnecting you from call.
– You must use the appropriate “voice text/no microphone” channels to communicate via text if you do not have a working microphone. Do not use the other/general channels for voice chat text communication.
– No sound spam/soundboard spamming. Occasional usage without spamming is fine, but you must stop if requested to do so.
– Avoid falling asleep in calls. If you fall asleep and your microphone is unmuted, you will be moved to a “Sleeping” channel or disconnected by a moderator.
– Please try not to chew or make repeated smacking sounds or clicking sounds with your mouth; or be aware if you are asked to stop making sounds that you could be triggering other people’s aversion to such sounds. Muting when eating or chewing is generally a good idea.
This community strives to foster positive encouragement and supports all content creators. Artists and writers are more than welcome to share their work in the art channels.
We do not have self-promotion channels for streams, social media, or other links. However, we do support members of Pride Prism, a BIPOC-forward LGBTQIA+ VTuber group with a trans focus, founded by MavisDeLuna.
More information on Pride Prism: http://prideprism.carrd.co/
(Website built by ItsStyxie)
**NOTE ABOUT AI CONTENT**
Artificual Intelligence created “artwork” is not permitted in this community. It takes zero actual skill to use; and it takes money out of the hands of artists. Not only do artists lose work, but the work that has been done is used by AI bots without thier permission most of the time. Any AI artwork posted will be removed and continued breaking of this rule may lead to a ban.
Members of this server are not trained or qualified mental health professionals.
While we empathize and sympathize with any difficulties you may be experiencing, we recommend reaching out to a mental health professional or a hotline if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to use any of these resources.
Tanandra is a professional streamer, and even though Twitch is not her primary form or method of income; this does not mean she doesn’t treat it like her passion. While Tan does act friendly and personable toward her viewers, including platonic acts of affection or compliments, she prefers to keep a professional relationship with her viewers.
Please be aware that interacting with a content creator does not automatically make you friends or involved in their personal life. If Tan is friends with someone, she will say so and make that relationship explicitly clear. Please understand and respect creators and their privacy, and their separation of online life and offline life.
Users are not to use acts of monetary support to push boundaries, break rules, or guilt-trip the streamer and/or other community members. Being subscribed, purchasing gifts, or donating does not entitle users to special treatment, nor does it place them above the rules in our community spaces. Disrespecting our rules will result in removal and/or a ban in order to protect our community and space.
For more information, read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction
Have you read and understood all of our rules? Then you’re ready to join!
To verify your age and be given access to our community, you must fill out the following template and post in introductions:
(You will need to do this on the Discord server)
– Name: (NOT your real name)
– Twitch Username: (If you do not have a Twitch, state the platform you found this community on + your username.)
– Favorite Video Game:
– How did you find this community?: (If you were referred by another user, please include their username.)
– Do you understand that this is a BIPOC-forward safe space?: (There is no secret password or phrase that determines a correct answer, but we do want to know if you have read and observed our rules.)
Usage of the above template is ***required***. We want to know that you have read and understand our rules. If you do not use the exact template, you will not be given access to the server.
⚠ **PLEASE BE PATIENT.** Introductions are reviewed and approved manually. Do not use ModMail to ask for status of your application if it has been less than 24 hours.
We remove all users who do not read our rules and request access within 24 hours of joining the server.
⬆ SCROLL UP ⬆ to read and observe ALL of our rules before attempting to gain access to the Dojo community.
Thank you very much to MavisDeLuna for providing much of the hard work these rules!